What is an e-collection?
An e-collection is a collection of digital books which are made accessible to you as a download. At My Account you can look at your own personal e-collection of all digital publications you purchased from Cuvillier Verlag.
How do I compile my personal e-collection?
You can find out about all publications on our digital e-collection platform and compile an individual selection which is entirely up to you. Our flexible sales model offers you different ways to do so:
- The Full Package contains all currently available e-book titles of Cuvillier Verlag from the departments Humanities, Natural Sciences, Life Sciences, Engineering Sciences and General.
- The Department Packages enable you to compile your own e-collection from the departments mentioned above.
- Per Pick & Choose you can pick and compile all desired titles from the entire Cuvillier E-Collection supply individually.
Simply add all books you are interested in to your cart and calculate the price of your selection; this does not commit you to any payment yet.
How do I make an order?
You either pick a package (Full Package, Department Packages) or single titles (Pick&Choose) and have the price calculated for you. Then you proceed to checkout and make your order. After the receipt of your payment a member of our staff will activate your e-collection. This takes a maximum of 1-2 working days.
How does the ordering process work?
There are different options for you and your staff to gain fast and direct access to suitable publications.
- By IP-Address Ranges, which you can give in 'My Account'. Hereby you grant all users of your organization access to all e-books you purchased. The purchased publications are available as a download to all users of the address range. Even if you use a single proxy server you can use this as own IP-address range.
- After your order you can request access to our FTP-servers at Data Delivery; this way, all purchased publications are accessible as a mass download.
- You can also have the purchased publications sent to your FTP-server. Enter your accessing information to your FTP-account at 'My Account', 'Data Delivery' and benefit from a fully autormatic data provision.
You like to archive your e-book supplies by yourself?
Of course you can also save the e-books you purchased in your archive. The provision of data via FTP is especially favourable in terms of creating own archives. You can find further information on the provision of data via FTP in the following.
How can I access the FTP-server and how does the FTP-Push work?
You can very easily archive the e-books you purchased both by accessing our FTP-server and by making use of the FTP-Push.
- To access our FTP-server select the option 'Set up FTP-access' at E-Book Delivery. We will set up an access to our FTP-server for you, which will last for 48 hours, and you can easily archive the e-books you purchased with the help of your FTP-client.
- Through the FTP-Push you can spare yourself a step and have all the publications you purchased sent directly to your FTP-server. To do this you have to select the option 'Push to your FTP-server' at E-Book Delivery and enter the required access data into the respecitve columns. After that click 'Start Push-delivery' and comfortably receive all purchased titles on your FTP-server.
To whom may I pass on the e-books I purchased?
In our licensing terms, you can read up on the exact rights of use in detail. Please read the Licencing Terms carefully.
May we make the purchased e-books accessible to our staff members in our own internet system?
Yes, it is stated in our Licencing Terms that this is allowed.
What payment possibilities are there?
Organizations and companies are offered to pay by bank transfer. Immediately after your order, you will first receive a confirmation by e-mail, followed by a classic paper invoice by post.
How long does the whole process take, from the order to the download of the e-books?
The whole process takes place in the following steps:
- Step 1: You choose your package(s) and have the price calculated for you. Then you proceed to checkout and place your order.
- Step 2: Immediately after that you receive a confirmation e-mail containing all relevant information.
- Step 3: Your e-collection is activated within 1-2 working days after the receipt of your payment.
- Step 4: You receive an e-mail to inform you that your e-collection has been activated. Now your e-collection is ready for download at E-Collection (all Purchases).