|Book Series (87)||
5. Auflage bestellen
Extract, PDF (190 KB)
Table of Contents, PDF (120 KB)
|ISBN-13 (Hard Copy)||9783736977617|
|Lamination of Cover||matt|
|Place of Dissertation||Dortmund|
History of art
|Keywords||Museen, Jahresberichte, Museumsforschung, Ankäufe, Schenkungen, Museumsammlung, museale Unterstützung, Umfrage, Grundlagenpapier, Korrelation, Museumsstrategien, Ausstellungen, Museum, Kunstmarkt, Geschlecht, Ungleichheit, Kunst, Epochen, Einzigartige Datenbasis, Auktionsverkäufe, Museums, Annual reports, Museum research, Acquisitions, Donations, Museum collections, Museum support, Survey, basic paper, Correlation, Museum strategies, Exhibition, Museum, Art market, Gender, Inequality, Art, Epoch, Unique database, Auction sales, Exhibition, Auction data|
|URL to External Homepage||https://uri.wiwi.tu-dortmund.de|
Looking to gain valuable insights into the relationship between museums and the art market? The unique data set can help answer some of the most pressing questions in this area.
At first glance, museums and the art market may seem like two opposing forces, but actually they are two interrelated elements that work together to stimulate creativity, foster cultural exchange, and drive economic growth. The research delves into the complex relationship between these two entities and offers initial insights into the following questions:
- How forthcoming are museum staff with sensitive data to support academic research?
- What impact do masterpieces and „superstars“ have on visitor numbers?
- Can certain exhibition formats reach more visitors?
- How has the number of exhibitions over time affected attendance and museum budgets?
- Does the museums‘ passion for collecting compete with the marketing demands of the art market, or do they rather benefit from each other?
- Are the art market and the museum institution competing or complementary markets?
- Compared to auction results, how does the gender gap between female and male artists compare in museum acquisitions?
With this research, you‘ll gain access to valuable information that can help you make informed decisions about your creative and cultural industry investments.